Army finds its soldier guilty of firing at teenagers in J&K
Budgam, Nov 27 (IBNS): The Army found nine of its soldiers, including a junior officer, guilty of killing two teenagers as they had opened fire on a car in Jammu and Kashmirs Budgam earlier this month, media reports said.
According to sources, the Army's Rashtriya Rifles (RR) unit, which was posted there, claimed that they had opened fired at the car when it didn't stop despite being signaled.
Five teenagers were in the car. Two died, two were injured and one escaped to the fields. The incident saw massive protests in the Valley.
The army had admitted that the soldiers made a “mistake” by firing at the Maruti car. The Army personnel were watching out for terrorists traveling in a white car.
A state government report, however, said that the car had skidded while overtaking another vehicle and hit an electric pole.
The family members of the boys alleged that the firing started without any warning or provocation, reports said.
Top Headlines
-
News
NEET-UG to shift to Computer-Based test mode from 2027, says Dharmendra Pradhan; experts welcome move
May 17, 2026
-
News
Blaze on Rajdhani Express sparks panic near Kota, passengers escape unhurt
May 17, 2026
-
News
Sona College of Technology launches Sona ChipIN Centre with latest semiconductor EDA tools
May 16, 2026
-
News
ECI announces third phase of SIR; Himachal, J&K, Ladakh excluded for now
May 14, 2026
-
News
Putin unleashes Satan 2: Russia tests ICBM with 35,000 km range
May 13, 2026
-
News
2 killed, 3 critically injured in multi-storey building fire in Kolkata's Tiljala
May 12, 2026
-
News
Who after Mamata in Bengal? Amit Shah to meet BJP MLA-elects ahead of May 9 oath
May 06, 2026
-
News
Mamata Banerjee refuses to 'resign', calls EC 'villain'
May 05, 2026
-
News
Bengal trends: BJP on course to form government
May 04, 2026
-
News
Bangladesh MP warns of refugee crisis if BJP wins West Bengal polls
May 01, 2026




