SC: Sunil Mittal, Ravi Ruia not to face trial in 2G case
New Delhi, Jan 9 (IBNS): The Supreme Court on Friday said that Bharti Cellular Ltd chairman and managing director Sunil Bharti Mittal and Essar Group promoter Ravi Ruia will not face trial in a case of allocation of additional spectrum.
The Apex court quashed the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) special court’s order making the two top telecom executives accused in the case.
The duo had been summoned as accused by a special CBI court that heard the case involving the allocation of additional second 2G spectrum in 2002. Their names had not figured in the CBI chargesheet.
Both Mittal and Ruia had approached the top court challenging the order. The SC on Froday said that CBI court wrongly applied the legal principle while summoning the duo as accused.
The court, however, said that the CBI judge is at liberty to summon them at any stage if material on record is found.
Top Headlines
-
News
NEET-UG to shift to Computer-Based test mode from 2027, says Dharmendra Pradhan; experts welcome move
May 17, 2026
-
News
Blaze on Rajdhani Express sparks panic near Kota, passengers escape unhurt
May 17, 2026
-
News
Sona College of Technology launches Sona ChipIN Centre with latest semiconductor EDA tools
May 16, 2026
-
News
ECI announces third phase of SIR; Himachal, J&K, Ladakh excluded for now
May 14, 2026
-
News
Putin unleashes Satan 2: Russia tests ICBM with 35,000 km range
May 13, 2026
-
News
2 killed, 3 critically injured in multi-storey building fire in Kolkata's Tiljala
May 12, 2026
-
News
Who after Mamata in Bengal? Amit Shah to meet BJP MLA-elects ahead of May 9 oath
May 06, 2026
-
News
Mamata Banerjee refuses to 'resign', calls EC 'villain'
May 05, 2026
-
News
Bengal trends: BJP on course to form government
May 04, 2026
-
News
Bangladesh MP warns of refugee crisis if BJP wins West Bengal polls
May 01, 2026




