IMAGE
Officer Pooja Thakur, who led Obama Guard of Honour, sues the IAF
New Delhi, July 14 (IBNS) : Wing Commander Pooja Thakur, the first woman officer to lead the inter-service Guard of Honour during US President Barack Obama's visit last year and hogged the light as one representing women's empowerment in India, has sued the Indian Air Force (IAF) in the armed forces tribunal.
According to media reports, the officer says in a petition that the IAF's decision to reject her permanent commission is "biased, discriminatory, arbitrary and unreasonable".
Thakur, the daughter of an army colonel, joined the IAF in 2000.
The air force recently allowed women fighter pilots for short service commission.
Top Headlines
-
News
NEET-UG to shift to Computer-Based test mode from 2027, says Dharmendra Pradhan; experts welcome move
May 17, 2026
-
News
Blaze on Rajdhani Express sparks panic near Kota, passengers escape unhurt
May 17, 2026
-
News
Sona College of Technology launches Sona ChipIN Centre with latest semiconductor EDA tools
May 16, 2026
-
News
ECI announces third phase of SIR; Himachal, J&K, Ladakh excluded for now
May 14, 2026
-
News
Putin unleashes Satan 2: Russia tests ICBM with 35,000 km range
May 13, 2026
-
News
2 killed, 3 critically injured in multi-storey building fire in Kolkata's Tiljala
May 12, 2026
-
News
Who after Mamata in Bengal? Amit Shah to meet BJP MLA-elects ahead of May 9 oath
May 06, 2026
-
News
Mamata Banerjee refuses to 'resign', calls EC 'villain'
May 05, 2026
-
News
Bengal trends: BJP on course to form government
May 04, 2026
-
News
Bangladesh MP warns of refugee crisis if BJP wins West Bengal polls
May 01, 2026




